Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm still alive

The forest fires have complicated matters a bit around here. Had to evacuate some friends who had been engulfed in smoke for days. They didn't realize how close the fire actually was. Had to drive through the fires to reach them, the fires were on both sides of the road, I had about 50ft of leeway on either side on the way in. They said it was periodically raining ashes and burned leaves. I'll share more about it when I can. Exciting things happening...

3 Comments:

At 6/26/2008 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Kym said...

I'll bet you never forget that drive!

 
At 6/27/2008 11:17:00 AM, Blogger John Doe #86 said...

I hope not. It was amazing, I've never seen a wild fire up close like that. Later on we stopped and watched a mountainside burning at night across the river. It was spellbinding, along the lines of a volcano. Burning logs would occasionally cascade down the steep rocky face.

 
At 7/03/2008 02:43:00 PM, Blogger XANTAR!!!!! said...

Wow! Glad you're safe bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search the Web at eWoss.com